Elementary School Shows - Steve Trash®: "Trash & Recycle Show"
(Solo performance for Elementary School students...)
This is no ordinary school MAGIC show. It is an excellent blend of entertainment and education.... Tailored to the age of your students...(Elementary)
Steve Trash® has traveled all over the planet (Japan, Australia, Canada, Greenland) performing magic tricks with garbage and teaching kids about ecology. What better way is there to learn about environmental principles than while you're having fun?Download pdf - Steve Trash - Trash & Recycle Brochure
ECO-LEARNING FROM THE SHOW...
- Kids will learn how to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Kids will learn that trash is a natural resource that someone has simply DECIDED isn't valuable anymore.
- Kids will learn what things are recyclable.
- Kids will have fun and be amazed.
- Steve Trash® will provide his own sound (wireless mics, etc.) for the show.
- Steve Trash® will provide all props and equipment for his show.
- Each show is 45 minutes long.
- Each show requires 60 minutes to load in.
- Each show requires 30 minutes to load out.
- Each show requires 2 local helpers (kids or adults) to load in & out.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY . . .
"THANK YOU!! What a wonderful show and the kids absolutely loved him. It was exciting to have a professional eco-magician come to our rural towns.
"Educational and a ton of fun! Students and teachers were laughing, learning, and having a blast. Highly recommend!"
"Steve Trash and his shows created an excitement in our community about recycling and they supported our teaching about recycling. We will be bringing Steve back again and again. He is great."
"Thanks so much for your performances all week and the grand finale at the Capitol Theater. The kids absolutely loved it! What's really great about these performances is that you can effectively convey a message to thousands of people AND keep their attention. Without Steve Trash & crew in town, we'd never have been able to get our recycling message to 6000 kids in just 4 days. It was a pleasure working with all of you and hopefully we can do it again in the future."
April 29, 2002
Dear Steve Trash,
Thank you for showing your magic tricks to us in Cozad, NE. You are soooo
good at those magic tricks! You were also pretty funny! We really liked
your silly Mr. Ted, the tennis ball. We remember the 3 words:
Love, Mrs. Dugan's Kindergarten through 2nd Grade students at District 13/27, Cozad, NE
"Your Shows were outstanding!"
Wonderful presention. Very positive, upbeat presenter. Fantastic program. Best one weve ever had.
"Bravo! Our students are still talking about your performance two weeks later. Your message was wonderful and perfect for the students. Your presentation was outstanding and delightful."
"Thank you for entertaining& inspiring our students here at Hewitt-Trussville Middle School Monday morning. We heard lots of positive comments from our seventh grade students about your show. They loved it! They thought that you were sooooo cool!!! This was a great kick-off for our unit on the environment. Keep up the good work!"
"I enjoyed your show. I learned that we should reduce, reuse, recycle
from now on. I was very impressed with your magic. Thank you. I enjoyed
"Thank you for presenting such an educational and entertaining program to our students. I am certain that the knowledge received will greatly improve participation in West Carroll Parish's recycling project. The teachers and adults present were very impressed with your artistic performance."
- Up to 5 color posters.
- access to the digital download - TRASH & RECYCLE VIDEO (hosted by Steve Trash).
- Steve's website (www.stevetrash.com) features curriculum based ecological lesson plans that relate directly to the content of the Steve Trash "Trash & Recycle" Show.
THE BEST SIZE AUDIENCE FOR THE SOLO EDUCATIONAL SCHOOL SHOWLess than 300 students is BEST for the solo show
Less than 500 students is possible for the solo show
More than 500 is NOT recommended for the solo show
Many of Steve's educational shows have been locally sponsored events. Past local sponsors include:
- Keep Sugarland Beautiful - Sugarland, TX
- Keep Hobbs Beautiful - Hobbs, New Mexico
- Keep Plano Beautiful - Plano, TX
- Okaloosa Recycles
- Alfa Insurance
- Keep America Beautiful - Davenport, Iowa
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- BFI Waste Haulers
- Pepsi Cola
- Birmingham Recycles!
- Madison County Water Festival
- Cousins Subs
- Waste Commission of Scott County - Iowa
- Ciba Corporation
- Waste Management Inc.
- Keep America Beautiful - Lexington, Nebraska
- Tate & Lyle Corporation
- Kansas Dept. Health & Environment
- Bluestem Solid Waste Agency
- City Carton Recycling
- Cedar River Paper
- Keep America Beautiful - Orlando, Florida
- Waste Watchers - Missouri
- Sarasota County
- Keep Palm Beach Beautiful
- And many others!
Walmart has provided local grants for the Steve Trash educational shows in the past. Got a local WalMart? They may be able to help get Steve Trash to schools in your community. Our show falls within the "sustainability" guidelines for local giving grants. Apply here for a grant from your local Walmart!
A really good sponsorship letter is available in in the PDF format. Just click here and it will download. You can print it out and send it to potential sponsors. Good Luck! Hope to see you soon.
If you live in Alabama and are interested in bringing Steve Trash to your school, grants may be available through Arts Alabama. Please contact Diana F. Green, M.F.A. Arts In Education, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Most people don't have time to watch the entire IN SCHOOL show. It's 45 minutes long. They just want to know that it's really awesome. Which, by the way, it is. So we've condensed the whole Steve Trash - IN SCHOOL - show down to a 27 second long time-lapse video. Short. Sweet. Quiet. (normally this show is really really loud). Check it out.